View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
RW is unique, and it should IMO focus on that toolset. There are plenty of other programs/phones that can do what this thread is asking for. It's like saying we want RW to send e-mails to our players so it can keep track of that content too. And what about making maps, shouldn't RW do that too?
No, let them focus on the tools that are its specialty. Once that is done (right!), then they can worry about VTT functions.
Yes I agree, I don't need a map maker, dice roller, IM manager...... there are several other software titles that are better suited to do these things. IMO too many are trying to turn this into a VTT system.... IF we are WISHING, it would be nice to have a "one size fits all" but there are too many other items that should be on the top of the NEED list versus the WANT, versus the WISH.

My only major disappointment is the lack of customized calendars (which to me is an ABSOLUTE need for Campaign management) at the point of release. (NOTE: this is in the works, though where in the order of importance is undetermined)

I do feel for Rob, Liz, and others as they try to determine the separations from the NEEDS, WANTS, & WISHES for the masses. Its as it has once been famously said " YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL the PEOPLE ALL the TIME."

My 2CP
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote