View Single Post
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old February 17th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
They say a fool and his money are soon parted so who is the more foolish the man with patience or the man who gives in to his need for instant gratification

lets do the math real quick

Ultimate license for fantasy grounds 149
Players handbook material 49.99
monster manual material 49.99
250 ish dollars to make characters and have monsters

Vs 20 dollars and a little patience to let the community get stuff in order

Seems like a no brainer to me
Adages that come from a mass produced fortune cookie have little effect on me. I own all the stuff listed above and more. Paying for a product that works is preferable to paying for an incomplete product. You may make references to a "fool and his money" but my free time is valuable. Paying $US 50 for a product that work is worth far more to me than spending $US 20 along with hours of my time sifting through multiple posts hoping to hack it into a working product. $US 50 is two hours at my real job. I have a feeling trying to hack this into a complete product will take more than two hours of my time. So how is that foolish if I want to spend my time working on a game instead of screwing around trying to make a piece of software usable?
Krimson is offline   #59