View Single Post
Silveras

Old May 3rd, 2016, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeOfMars View Post
We don't want to side-step the issue. We want to use encumbrance. But there's a difference in total gold you have, say, back at your castle, and the new gold you just found and how much of it you can carry (hey, you might have to make several trips back and forth to bring it all home and there may be a planned or random encounter).
That sort of thing is why the "Gold Piece", "Silver Piece", etc. gear items that ShadowChemosh mentioned were added to the packs.

In the core HL package, your money is tracked as a total and there's no way to say "X of it is here and Y of it is there", other than the method Togainu mentioned (purchase a custom valuable item, name it "Gold in Castle" or whatever, and leave it contained in a custom location named "Castle").

My players often did things like "sew 6 gp into the hem of my cloak" and so on.. so I needed a mechanism like the Gold Piece and Silver Piece gear items to track that. The gear items also helped to easily transfer X gp from character A to character B in the same portfolio.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote