View Single Post
monsterfurby

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
I believe you can't delete a category as long as there are any topics that exist in that category.

Have you made sure to delete all of the topics that are using the category?

However, before you do that, have you tried simply hiding them? From the top menu choose "Manage" and the the "Categories" button in the toolbar.

On every category page right beside the category name in the top line there is a check box labelled "Shown". If that box is unchecked, the category won't be shown as a choice any time you have to pick a category.
I think the former only applies to custom categories. For global categories, even after moving all the topics out of the category, there's still no option to delete them.

As for hiding - this hides them in the selection when assigning the category - the category is however still present in the category editing screen, so you still have to sift through all the predefined categories to get to the custom ones.

Admittedly, this is very much just my overdeveloped need for orderliness, but I'd love the ability to get rid of things like "celestial location" and such things in a military sci fi campaign where they are certainly not needed and only get in the way of having a good overview of all actually relevant categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
You can't delete the global categories, even if they're unused.

You'll probably want to start a Feature Request thread.
Alright, thanks for the info, will do.
monsterfurby is offline   #5 Reply With Quote