View Single Post
Sendric

Old June 27th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylin View Post
Is there a way to (easily) create a custom spell list and to limit the domain access for clerics of different faiths?

I see that I can edit each spell and add a custom cleric class to the Spell Class; this is time intensive and also requires editing exiting PH and Spell Compendium sources. Is there another way where I can run down the list of all spells, ticking to add to the custom spell list? Or define the spell list within the class?

Similarly, is there a way to limit the Domains that are accessible to a cleric class?

As always, thanks in advance,

John / Greylin

--snip--
A further thought: if I set up the clerics as different classes (Cleric of Nuada, Cleric of Bane, etc.) - could I then set that class as a pre-requisite for the relevant Domains as a way to limit access to Domains to relevant classes? What might that code look like (or can you point me to some Things that already have that kind of pre-req code from which I could crib?)
We are in the process of updating all of the spells in both the core and community set. There is also a new feature going in (I think) that will allow you to add tags to things within core. I'm not sure how exactly that will work, but it should make it easier to create spell lists for classes. Until then, however, modifying each spell is really the only way to do it. Classes are assigned a class of spells, and any spells with that corresponding tag are then applied to its spell list. The only "simple" way is to assign an existing spell list.

As for domains, yes you can create a pre-req but only for the domains found in the community. You might be able to modify the cCstSpExpr for the class helper thing (ie cHelpClr) to specify which domains you want. I haven't tested this, though.

Check the Divine Oracle from Complete Divine for an example script located on the Helper Class thing.

Last edited by Sendric; June 27th, 2016 at 04:33 AM.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote