View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old July 24th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You want to add a table in the mechanics article?

That's pretty easy. You can do it manually, the table tools are in the format toolbar for doing so. Start editing a snippet, and you can insert a new table. You can also copy and paste a table from an existing source but I've had less than good results trying this.
I see no format toolbar in the "Mechanics Reference" under the "Race/Species" tab. The only option on that tab is a button labeled "Modify Category" with a blue arrow on it. There is an option to "Create new Race/Species article" but I wanted to include the tables for race info on the tab. Clicking the "Modify Category" button doesn't help either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
@Madamxneo:

Not sure what exactly you are talking about here (re. #4). To me it sounds like you want a way to have a snippet pre-populated with content (such as a generic table or other info), so that when you make a new topic some of the snippets already contains information.
No not pr-epopulated though it would be nice to have such a thing.

No, there is (at present at least) no way you can fill a snippet with content in the Manage/Categories setup and have it carried over to the World Almanac or Mechanics Reference. It hs been requested nad is (IMHO) so logical and essential that I believe it will become a feature one day.

I have made a sort'o work-around: In the Mechanics Reference I have a topic that contains pre-populated snippets. I simply copy the contents over to a new snippet whenever I need something generic, such as a table for renown.

If this is not what you meant, see kbs666 answer :-)
I have went ahead and added an article under Race/Species and added the Race tables into that.

I just noticed something.
I can't seem to find a category for Experience Guidelines and Leveling up. Is there a category for this that I missed somewhere?

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote