View Single Post
EdSteiner

Old March 16th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstgry View Post
I think I now understand the confusion here, and the logic that the army book author used when writing things as he did. I believe Ed and I are on the same page here, but let me explain my thoughts and we'll compare.
I concur with entire viewpoint.

I think the next major issue is the 'faction' that feel "I can place a Rune of Forging and a Rune of Burning on a cannon, and then place a Rune of Forging and Runes of Burning (x2) on a second cannon" to get around the pride issue. And again GW poor writing say Rune of fire. Blah Blah........Flaming attacks multiples of this rune have no further effect, which one side reads as well I can take more then one, even though it provide no effect. And other that feel well if it has no further effect then you cannot take more then one. I choose to code it along the strict reading of if it has no further effect you cannot take it again beyond it value.

Even worse is this.

A unit with a runic standard with Rune of Slowness IE. '-D6" charge distance' and say my BSB who is in the unit has runic standard with Rune "x" and Rune "y" and also Rune of Slowness. Now if I charge that unit do I roll a -D6" for the unit banner and -D6" from the BSB banner. Now then that is 2D6" off my charge distance, where as if you have Rune of Slowness (x2) it is roll 2D6 and use the highest value as the "x" value to subtract from charge distance. GW has had several issues with failing to identify which modifiers can stack and which cannot.
EdSteiner is offline   #62 Reply With Quote