View Single Post
Alistair

Old March 14th, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I've thought about this, and have no good ideas for a user-friendly way to designate the exact contents of a 40-clip weapon, let alone every clip on the character, so this is not something that can be implemented until we have a good way to implement it.
I guess the workaround here is just to give it different ammo types and go in and change it in the weapon when its time to use that one?

A more complicated implementation, that avoids implementing tracking every clip on the character for what I, as a user, would consider a reasonable amount of effort:

The UI would look just like the mod screen for a sub-weapon like the underbarrel ones. Instead of putting your ammo into the weapon, you would add it to the mod. Changing between them can go on the in play adjustments screen with all other selectable modes. If I were playing an ammo-skip using character, I would not consider this undue effort to set up and use.

Under the hood, the weapon mod would report its currently selected ammo sub-clip to the weapon as its actual ammo loaded, overriding the typical value used when a weapon lacks this modification.

So if in your cyl. 6 revolver, you have three gels, two hollowpoints, and a stick and shock, you would have a clip of three, a clip of two, and a clip of one, and if hollow points were selected, it reports 2 rounds in the cylinder as what is loaded.

Last edited by Alistair; March 14th, 2016 at 06:29 AM. Reason: More about from user's perspective.
Alistair is offline   #10 Reply With Quote