View Single Post
Fnordboy

Send a message via ICQ to Fnordboy

Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
There's currently no way to designate spells as being from that other spellbook once added to the spellbook.

Mathias, I actually meant something else, if I understand you correctly. Lets use an example of the Fireball spell. My wizard, for some insane reason, has never learned the spell himself, but has recently claimed the spellbook of a horrid zombie-wizard, or, zombizard- if you will. Actually, let's say it's a Blizzard spell. From the Zombizard. Yeah.

In HL, I currently have the Zombizard's "Blizzard" spell added to my spellbook, but I have only a few recourses to notate that I must make a spellcraft check to memorize the spell, say, from the Background tab or what-have-you.

could I go into the HL editor, duplicate the "Blizzard" spell and create a new spell called "Zombizard's Blizzard," and add some custom expression or gizmo or widget (Blidget?) that would also tell me the Spellcraft DC necessary to memorize? Once this new-and-improved "Zombizard's Blizzard" spell has saved, add it to my original spellbook and then delete the original and oh-so-bland "Blizzard" spell?

Or am I just way too tired?

So in summation:

2 spells enter.
1 spell leaves.

Into the spellbook. MY spellbook. Not the Zombizard's. Which I can't add anyways. Not that I'd want to, since it's always covered with a sheen of hoarfrost that gets all my other parchments (or is the plural of parchment...parchment?) Erm, ok, PAPYRUS, wait- papyri?. @#$*&^*(

My SCROLLS! The horrible Zombizard's hoarfrosty spellbook makes all my other non-zombified, non-hypothermic, wizardly materials... drippy.
Fnordboy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote