View Single Post
Silveras

Old March 5th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I don't know that this is specifically related, but since installing the beta I have had a number of "ACCESS VIOLATION" issues with "Bad Read" messages while using HeroLab from Realm Works to access the Rise of the Runelords Encounter Library.

Specifically, after successfully importing several encounters, the next encounter has a problem.

The first time it happened, I tried again and had the same result. Then I launched HeroLab separately, and had the same thing happen. Re-downloading the beta HL file "fixed" it, but...

After successfully importing a few more encounters, the same error occurred. In that case, launching HeroLab externally allowed me to access the Encounter Library. Returning to Realm Works and trying again the succeeded.

After successfully importing a few more encounters, the same happened. Exiting "Edit More" and then returning to it, I was then able to launch HeroLab from Realm Works and succeed in importing the desired encounter.

After successfully importing a few more encounters, the same happened. Exiting "Edit More" and then returning to it, I was able to launch HeroLab from Realm Works but did NOT succeed in importing the desired encounter. In that instance, launching HeroLab externally was again able to access the Encounter. Re-launching from Realm Works, I was able to import the encounter successfully.

I am not seeing anything consistent in terms of what clears the condition. Poking at a few re-tries in various ways has been good enough to resume work for now, but it is annoying, and did not start until Saturday, after I downloaded this beta Friday evening.

Naturally, crash files and emails sent.
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote