View Single Post
roguescribner

Old May 18th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I don't think I'm making myself clear, so I'll quote Ultimate Power.

Super-Speed

Quote:
You have Quickness and Speed effects equal to your power rank and a +4 bonus to initiative checks (essentially one rank of Improved Initiative) per power rank. You also have a Super-Speed Array of effects you can do (2 points per rank in the Array). Choose one of the following Alternate Powers, acquiring the others normally (for 1 point per Alternate Power feat).
Time Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Control
In addition to the various Alternate Power feats given for Super-Speed, the following are some suitable Alternate Powers for a Time Control Array. They’re based on the built-in Array of the power (2 points per rank).
Irrespective of the free alternate power Super-Speed and (by extension) Time Control give you, the array is still capped at 2pp/rank. It's just that they are treated as alternate powers and not a linked power like the Special Alternate Power is. But they share the same point cap. Currently, Super-Speed alternate powers are capped at 5pp/rank and Time Control alternate powers are capped at 7pp/rank. If you read the descriptions of some of the alternate powers for Super-Speed and Time Control, they mention X power (with X extra and/or X flaw) at your power rank or a fraction of your power rank. Building the alternate powers in Hero Lab per the description from the book leaves plenty of extra power points to spend, which doesn't quite add up. It should only be 2pp/rank.

Now whether this restriction applies if you're using Core rules only I'm not sure, since the 2pp/rank Array rules weren't introduced until UP.
roguescribner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote