View Single Post
Sjmarshall

Old February 16th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlugge View Post
Problem is I need to create a *new* NPC, not a customized variant of an existing one.

For example, two weeks ago I need a series of generic NPC thugs in varying flavors -- I quickly named them 'anchor', 'flanker', 'thug', and 'buffer'. My anchor was, basically, a tank: there to take damage and die and buy time for the rest of the enemies to manuever into position 'on screen'. Flankers were rogue types, designed to introduce the importance of feint and harrass with mobility. Thugs were my main damage dealers. And of course, the buffer was a cleric to shed some blessings, magic weapons, and then fleet step the hell out of trouble.

I used the NPC creation rules to come up with this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I'd _love_ to use the HLO campaign tools to run my fights, they look awesome, and probably better than scratch paper. But if I can't add my custom NPCs to the battle, how am I supposed to run a fight there?
What I see in that document you should be able to create no problem in HLO. Just create new PC. Select custom ancestry and set the values for that. From there go to Permanent Adjustments and Permanent Added Abilities. There are options there to change the values for the character. You can then use that character as your base and create copies and tweak as necessary. If you have additional questions, or if I'm not quite understanding what you mean please let me know.
Sjmarshall is offline   #7 Reply With Quote