View Single Post
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2020, 11:10 AM
We understand that there is definitely some frustration in regards to the slower pacing of the Hero Lab Classic releases and updates but I want to restate it here since there are still some folks who apparently have the impression that we are done working on and supporting Hero Lab Classic.

Hero Lab Classic is still supported and being regularly worked on and updated, you very well may have noticed a version update that released in the last few weeks with some bug fixes and tweaks. We also have more updates and datasets that are going to be coming down the pipeline pretty soon that have been highly anticipated.

While it's true that much of the staff is not actively working on Hero Lab Classic projects at the moment that does not mean we've abandoned it. I wish I could give you more information about when we will be able to release X or Y, but I'm afraid that's not possible, precisely because of some hard-learned lessons over the years where we overestimated the speed at which we can functionally get some things done and this did a disservice to ourselves and the users as well by building up an expectation that we, unfortunately, weren't able to meet.

Much like Rob said before, Hero Lab Classic has been our bread and butter for a very long time now and we have no intentions, incentives to, or plans to abandon it even after we have finished rounding off the items on our punch-list for data packages/features that need to be completed for the supported systems.

It's going to continue to see bug fixes, tweaks and improvements well into the future and our plans have NOT changed in regards to this.

Last edited by Ryan F; April 7th, 2020 at 11:13 AM.
Ryan F is offline   #49 Reply With Quote