View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 16th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The only caveat with the above approach is that you'll be a guinea pig with this stuff. We've tested the above process ourselves, and it appears to be solid. But I'm honestly not sure if anyone on the Beta team really focused on testing this more complex series of steps - I find that unlikely. So I'd be remiss if I didn't warn you that you may be the first person to leverage this capability in the field, and there may be landmines that we missed in our testing. And the moment you introduce game system conversion into the mix, which you will, things get more complicated under the covers, which means it's more possible that we overlooked something.
I did test this in the Beta's before 225. The only difference being I only converted game systems "one" time. Once I had everything converted to Pathfinder I was good. But to see how RW operated I did try a three level approach and it functioned. I also saw it provided no real benefit to a non-publisher of RW.

Pre-225 I did a bunch of proof of concept testing by changing snippets in the different realms to see how well "merging" would work. Overall it worked allot better than I first expected.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote