View Single Post
Sendric

Old November 9th, 2020, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
There is one last thing that I would love to be able to do that I think that I'm figuring out. Maybe let me know what you think first.

I plan to add the DC to the live name in the Spell-Like Abilities on the Spells tab. Example from a Black Dragon:

Corrupt Water has a DC equal to the Frightful Presence DC. Currently I have it showing as "Corrupt Water (1/day) (Sp)". But I managed it get it to show as "Corrupt Water (DCXX) (1/day) (Sp)". With the Frightful Presence DC as it changes per age category showing.

I managed to do very close to the same thing with the radius of Darkness but using the DC is a bit more complex. But I have it so far. At this point I think that I have it done for the Black Dragon I'm going to work on the rest now.
The Spell-Like Abilities things I set up in Custom - Spell Like Abilities already have scripts in place to provide DC in the name. Users need only be sure they set the correct spell level when they are using them. (See the eval scripts on them - note only those spells that require a DC will have these scripts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
My question is which would you like me to do?
Looking at the Suggestion thing in the Spell-Like Abilities file, its default spell level is 3. When bootstrapping it to a creature who uses it at a different spell level, users can set the field [Value2] to a different number to over-ride the default. The only thing not taken into account here is if the creature uses a different ability score than CHA to determine the DC. That can be fixed if need be using a similar technigue.

Last edited by Sendric; November 9th, 2020 at 04:27 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1075 Reply With Quote