View Single Post
CeaDawg

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Sorry. Blame it on St Paddy's day.

1. Started HL
2. Downloaded and installed SR 2.4
3. Rebooted HL after installation was reported as a success.
4. Selected "Open File"
5. Chose the portfolio that I'd reported awhile back, regarding the requirement to add an implant maintenance subscription to the vehicle's lifestyle.
It took nearly 5 minutes for it to open the portfolio.
Once it was open, the Active skills tab was marked in red.
6. I clicked on that tab, and all of the active skills that had either been purchased, or increased, via the advancements tab were showing multiple entries for the skills.
7. I clicked on the validation error button in top right corner. This had been showing in the portfolio prior to the installation of SR 2.4, but did not show in the summary window what the validation error was. Instead, it had been showing "No validation errors reported."
Now, after SR 2.4 has been installed it shows a whole string of errors for those active skills associated with the character being a mage (quality was selected when the portfolio was created in SR 2.0). All of the validation errors were stating that either the skill, or the skill group could not be purchased unless the character had the ability to perform the associated action, ie: "You can not purchase the conjuring skill group unless you can summon spirits.", "You can not purchase Asensing unless you have the ability to astral projection.", etc.
The bug appears to be viewing the character as mundane.
8. I deleted all advancements for the affected skills in the active skills tab. This removed the multiple entries and the validation errors in the list, but did not remove the original mystery validation error.
9. I selected the Basics tab. prior to 2.4 I had used the advancements tab to increase a couple of the character's attributes. Those attributes had been displaying the increased value of those attributes prior to 2.4, and had shown the proper adjustments to the skill dice pools those attributes were linked to. Now, after 2.4, those attributes no longer displayed the increased value, but the associated dice pools did show the correct amount in the mouse over and in the displayed value of the dice pools.
10. I deleted the advancement tab entries for those attributes. The attributes now displayed their values prior to advancement, along with their linked dice pools.
11. Saved the portfolio. I will go back later, Sunday most likely, and attempt to enter the advancements and see what happens.

This problem has not appeared in any other portfolios that did not have validation errors present prior to the installation of SR 2.4.

Last edited by CeaDawg; March 17th, 2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Blame it on St Paddy's day
CeaDawg is offline   #6 Reply With Quote