View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2015, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Realm Works was unsatisfactory. Unlike a narrowly focused tool such as Masterplan, our objective with Realm Works is to create a tool that fully supports highly complex worlds and campaigns while also being very useful for smaller games. This presents a significant challenge, since some users will want all the bells and whistles, others will want none of them, and still others will want to pick and choose the ones that they like. It sounds like you fall into that middle group.

One of the most powerful aspects of Realm Works is that you can configure it in virtually any manner, tailoring it to your game and style. By default, content starts out with a rich and diverse set of options that you obviously consider overkill. For users like yourself, you can quickly go in and turn off the aspects that you don't want or need. Or you can custom create a structure that exactly fits your play style and preferences, with as much or as little to fill in as you want.

Yes, it takes a little bit of time to get familiar with Realm Works and tailor it the way you like, but that's true of any powerful piece of software. And compared to the amount of time GMs invest in prepping for games, it's a comparatively small investment that pays huge dividends once you're over the initial hump. Your assertion that it takes hundreds of hours to gain benefit from Realm Works seems quite exaggerated to me, but I'll let other users chime in with their assessment of how long it took them - I'm probably not a good gauge of that.

The most troubling reaction I have to your post is that you may have hamstrung yourself getting started with Realm Works. It sounds like you may not have watched the videos we created to get new users up to speed quickly. They are available alongside the documentation from within the product. There are also some great videos put together by users that offer additional examples and insights into putting Realm Works to use. Those resources can be invaluable in getting a handle on the product and making it work for you instead of being the complicated mess you experienced.

For prospective users who might read this thread, the videos are freely available, so you can take a look at how Realm Works operates before plunking down your hard-earned cash. There are also users here on the forums who are happy to show others what they've created and provide some pointers on how to get the most out of the product quickly. And we also offer a 60-day money back guarantee on all of our products, so there's no risk if you decide you don't like Realm Works after taking it for a spin.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Realm Works. I'm sorry you didn't like it, and hopefully this thread will provide some helpful pointers to new users that allow them to avoid having the same experience. Lastly, if you are still within the 60-day period, please open a support ticket and request a refund.

Last edited by rob; May 6th, 2015 at 05:07 AM. Reason: grammar correction
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote