View Single Post
ICTerify

Old March 7th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Now that Paizo has announced a second edition for pathfinder, what does this mean for Hero Lab online for the first edition pathfinder, will it be added to HLO? There is a year and half gap at this point, on when second edition will be released so there is time yet for this to happen. I do not know how much slippage can happen with the release of second edition, but depending on how the playtest goes the release date could potentially be pushed back further, so this could create a bigger gap than a year and half.

Another question is will Lone wolf still support first edition in classic mode and HLO (if released) once second edition is released? My current group is mixed with the news, but for the near future we will be sticking with first edition and it would suck to loose Hero Lab support. I work in IT so I know there end of life for software and hardware. While I know support cannot be indefinite, for first edition, it would be nice to know if there was a sunset provision for first edition on when that would be and what that means. Does the first edition keep working, but if you find an issue with Hero Lab, it will not be fixed. Will the community still be able to work on it? I know Paizo plans on keep the PDF of first around and keep printing the pocket editions in print until demand is no longer there, but what does that mean for companies like Lone Wolf?

I know it take time to plan for these things, so I am not looking for an answer today, Lone Wolf has a year and half to figure it out, but I though the questions should be asked.
I will continue to buy packages for first edition as I need them, but information on what is coming is always a good thing.

Thanks for great software and support!
ICTerify is offline   #11 Reply With Quote