View Single Post
TheSleeper

Old September 19th, 2015, 07:54 PM
A few weeks ago I tried out Windows 10 on a new PC build, it was not for me so I reinstalled windows 7. I am met with a DRM wall to get back into the program I have paid a lot of money to have. I put in a ticket to correct the issue on Sunday only to find out that it would take as long as 1-3 business days to fix when I had 16 hours to play a game.

I found out I have a second key so I activate it on my new computer, that went fine for a few days then I get a notice that my computer has changed so I need to reactivate my licence. I had put in for an early licence reassignment so I used that licence on my computer. Today I go to use HL and I greeted with this message again:

What gives? Nothing has changed on my computer either time! DRM is making me question my investment in Hero Lab.

Now I will likely have to wait till Monday to get the service I have paid for. At this point I would have less bullshit if I downloaded a cracked copy. The intent of DRM is to prevent theft but thieves can download a copy from a torrent fairly easy, what DRM actually does it tick off your customers, make your product less friendly & useable and diverts production resources to just maintain the DRM.
TheSleeper is offline   #1 Reply With Quote