View Single Post
Vargr

Old March 5th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imper1um View Post
2. Draw on the Map
I would love to be able to create overlays, such as circles, rectangles and such on maps. A great feature would be to draw "paths," so they can see where the NPCs are going. Same with adding text. Heck, if I could create a region, by drawing a circle or rectangle or any other shape, and then be able to link that shape to an article, it would be amazing. As it stands now, I have to create another map for every Provence.
Good idea.
And if you could hide/reveal/link etc. such circles/reactangles/wutnot it would be powerful.
I could have a circle somewhere on the map and when they locate the enemy buildup I could reveal a circle and say: "It is in the that area, as you can see too close for comfort to the crossing point".

Quote:
3. Update all Articles with Mentions of this Article
If I create an Article, I want the ability to have the system scan all articles in the entire campaign with mentions of that name, and make links if I need to. Right now, I have to go back and open each article and make sure mentions are linked.
Agreed. I do believe that this is one of those nice little things that will happen in an update somewhere down the road.

Quote:
5. Synchronize needs to happen automatically.
The idea behind the cloud is that it is always updated. When I make a save, that edit should be queued to be added to the Cloud. This is vital for my next problem.
Yes - and no.
I too would like the system to able to do so.

However, I don't like the "update all constantly" solution.

I would prefer a little button sitting left to the "Edit" button the topic heading, looking like the sync icon on the "splash screen".

If I press this button that topic - and that topic alone - is synced immediately with the players' Realm Works.

The icon should be red when the topic is not synced with the players and green when it is.

Of course, you should still be able to "sync all" - also from within the realm. That option could be placed in the "Manage" menu.

I do believe this will happen somewhere down the road (I certainly hope so - but calendars first! )

Quote:
6. Connected players should be notified when new information has been synchronized to the Cloud, or, better yet, their Campaign should automatically update with the new information, without leaving the Realm.
An indication that there is reason to sync, yes. Not forcibly do it.

There can be a number of reasons for this - as this:
Imagine the GM sitting home one night and updating the realm.
Then imagine the player sitting elsewhere with just enough internet connection for a lousy email exchange and leisurely reading through the topics in Realm Works - and BAM! Realm Works starts synching. A nightmare.

Quote:
7. I wish I could give information to just one player.
In the works already - if I have read it correctly.

Quote:
8. Where is the Key/Value Text?
I wish I could create a Key/Value Text, just because I'm OCD. I'm not talking about Tags. I'm talking: "Physical Description: An ornate grey building, this temple to Veiloaria offers respite to any worshippers and travellers."
Could you elaborate on this, please?

Quote:
9. Why are Keys limited to so little characters?
I found this as a problem when I'm entering dates. I would love to be able to put in Arrived (Continent Name): MM/dd/yyyy
Agreed.

Quote:
10. For all that is HOLY, allow us to ENTER in dates.
Agreed.

Quote:
11. When displaying the Timeline, the article name should be second.
The Timeline *needs* to be displayed like this:
- <GAME DATE> <KEY> <ARTICLE> <ADDENDUM>
Agreed.

Sorry for the long post.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; March 5th, 2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Silly typos.
Vargr is offline   #13 Reply With Quote