View Single Post
zarlor

Old May 8th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowsonic View Post
Hi Mathias

A couple of questions:

How do I define a "source"?

Also, in Tropicana, the "Mixed Martial Arts" requires a character to have at least two "Martial Style" edges of the six available. Would you know how to set a requirement like that?

Best regards
Nick
I might suggest it would be best to ask those questions in their own thread on the forum. Matthias checks in here only irregularly and there are those in the community who could likely help you a little more quickly.

As to yoru questions. A source can be defined in a few ways. Probably the easiest within the editor is just on whatever you are creating in there click on the "Edit" button on the entry that says "Sources" on that thing and check the "-New Source-" checkbox. It will then ask you for "Source Name" and UniqueID. The Source Name is what you want to see in the list when you Configure a character and can include spaces, the UniqueID is just a shorthand form of that and should not include spaces (although it can include an underscore "_" if you like).

The most persistent way is to create a .1st files. If you look in the savage data directory you'll probably see other .1st files in there (especially if you've downloaded any of the extra settings files) which will give you and example of how to create one of those. Feel free to ask around here (maybe in a separate thread, though) if you need some help!

On the Edges question, take a look at the "Common Code Examples" thread stickied at the top of this forum and see if that helps any.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; May 8th, 2017 at 04:35 AM.
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote