View Single Post
Golkiwu

Old February 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
So keep the cHelpWHA in the script, and place the cHelpRog after "else" , correct?

As for the Psionics, I am newish to that as well. ToB is fairly straight forward. Regardless of the ToB class, each one gets access to certain "forms" (which we are not worrying about here as I only did the forms allowed by Sword Sage). Each "form" (there are 8) has a mix of Stances (which are usable all the time in combat, changeable as a swift action to other stances that are known) and Maneuvers (one time actions that are once a combat only use, with exceptions that allow their recovery like feats of class features). Each form has 9 levels, just like spells. Your initiator level dictates what level of maneuvers and stances you can chose from. So a 1st level Sword Sage can only chose 1st level stances and maneuvers. with the other classes contributing 1/2 their levels, a character (such as my rogue/Swashbuckler/Sword Sage 5/6/1) can choose from level 1,2 and 3 of the allowed stances and maneuvers of the allowed forms. The Sword Sage Level (or other ToB class) exclusively dictates the # of stances and maneuvers Known, chosen at the gain of the new ToB class level and are not (usually) changable once selected. A first level sword sage can only choose 2 stances and 6 maneuvers, regardless of the # of initiator levels gained by non-ToB classes.

Mathias had suggested to create the manuvers as Class Abilities, and the Maneuvers to get set up as psionics since it would be easier to differentiate these from the spells (and we dont use the psionics as they are in our game anyway). So using Psionics is just a mechanic for making the Maneuvers.

So yes, Power Levels are like Spell Levels, and Maneuvers are like spells.

Does this help?

Last edited by Golkiwu; February 9th, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Golkiwu is offline   #42 Reply With Quote