View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noseman View Post
How do I get the weapons and special abilities to show up only when the "adj" option is selected?
I figured out what I was missing. Apparently, the "Test Now" button doesn't include bootstrap conditions, so my testing wasn't producing the results I was expecting. In order to test what you're working on, when making your bootstraps conditional, you'll save the file you're working on as usual, then go to the main hero lab window and press ctrl-r (quick reload). Once that's done, the conditions should work.

How to make bootstraps conditional:
In the bootstrap menu, you'll see that the right-hand button is "Condition" - after you've chosen the thing, press that button. Change the timing to First (Users)/100, and enter the following as the text:
fieldval:IsOn <> 0

You've probably noticed that in the eval scripts that are in adjustments, most start with the following, to make sure that they aren't run unless the adjustment is active:

Code:
      ~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      if (field[pIsOn].value = 0) then
        done
        endif
The tag expressions that are used for things like the conditions on bootstraps use a different format, but we're actually testing the same thing. The condition is only fulfilled if the value of field[pIsOn] is not 0. If it is fulfilled, the bootstrap is live. Otherwise, it's not live, so it won't interact with anything else in the character (or be displayed).
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote