View Single Post
chiefweasel

Old July 27th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Hey all, I wanted to drop my 2 cents in as well. It has been great to offer the user created datasets for everyone. And the user involvement from the community has been great as well.

When i get back from gen Con I will have more time to work on the website and create more files as well. (Don’t ask me about the website, I am in domain hell at the moment).

Last year Lawful_g, B0drin, and I tried to set a team up to work through entire D&D 3.5 books. Things got real busy for me and B0drin as unfortunately the bulk of the work fell onto to Lawful_g who did a brilliant job at creating the files. Now, looking back I think maybe our efforts were a bit too premature. The user community was just starting to gel, and I think (correct me if I am wrong) but the user base of Hero Lab has really expanded a lot over the last year. I think we might have just jumped the gun a bit on forming teams to do work.

But now I think the idea should be revisited. I know that lawful_g is doing a lot of work for D&D 3.5 so I won’t point him out to be on the hook for anything. But I really think the rest of the user community could benefit from some organization and coordination. I would like to see some teams put together and tackle larger files and projects.

To this end, I recommend the following:

- Users talk among themselves and form a team, complete with a team name
- Each team will state its current project/objective
- Each team will have a point of contact
- Each point of contact for each team will be listed on Shadow’s and my sites
- Each teams current projects will be list on the sites as well
- Each effort will be run like a project with time lines and milestones

Maybe we can even come up with a prize for the team that produces the most by the end of the year. This is just a thought, but I really feel that the community has grown to a point where we could knock out a lot of content if we could focus out creativity and direction.

So think about it and let me know what you think. I will get with Lawful_g and the HL folks at Gen Con and talk it out a bit and when I get back I’ll post up what was decided.

I welcome all and any comments. Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #13