Thread: Bulk Create
View Single Post
AEIOU

Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
To track hexes in RW, I'd create a number list in Excel using Fill Series, append "Hex " using concatenation, then copy/paste that column into a topic in RW. Then I'd follow Farling's method and go down my list highlighting and creating -- but I'd only be creating those that have relevance. The plus to this is you can't mistype anything and you have a running total of which hexes have been created as they will have links.

I would highly recommend doing this rather than bulk create 1000 entries that may or may not ever have anything relevant in them. I can still create towns and NPCs and history which can all reference hexes that don't exist for future linking.

I will be doing something similar eventually as hex crawls are right in line with the open world I prefer to GM. I plan to maintain an Excel spreadsheet with columns for "Hex ID", "Settlements", "POIs", "Major NPCs" and "Notes" at the very least. This will give me a master list of everything which I can paste into a single topic so I can find anything, anywhere easily and see at a glance what else is in the vicinity of the hex I'm interested in without clicking around to a bunch of topics. This is my 10,000 foot view.

Out of curiosity, how many hexes are you considering and what details are you adding to each hex?
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote