View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old July 18th, 2019, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Interesting. On my mandolin, all the spells are marked as "At Will" which seems different than on yours. Do you have an unreleased version from source control?
Actually I don't run the community files, I run 100% custom files. That explains the Spider Staff probably. I'm pretty sure you can make a copy of Staff of Power from the SRD, that's probably where I got the information to create my version of the Spider Staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
If I wanted to add an ability that is not a spell, what might be the best way to achieve that? (i.e. I have an item that will allow me to reroll a failed save 1/day) I was thinking about creating a new spell and bootstrapping that on, but it doesn't seem ideal.
It depends on what you want from HLC or if you're picky with categories and/or printed outputs. I've used Racial Special do add abilities like that to items but it does put the trait in an area that looks weird on a printout. You can use the generic Ability although I would stay away from the Item Helper category and just leave that field blank.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote