View Single Post
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Hey Mad,

Yeah, on a general overview of what's been noted here it sounds like something is misconfigured somewhere so let me see if I can help with a general step-by-step how-to for setting up a Campaign with shared Patron Content to allow Dual-Class PCs. I'm going to get started right from the beginning so bear with me if any part of this seems to be self-evident, obvious, or has already been done in your particular case.

1) The creation of the Campaign. Begin on the Campaign Tab and click Create to start off, define a name for the Campaign and confirm the creation.
2) Once created you should have the new Campaign open automatically, from here click on the Settings Tab in the Navigation Panel.
3) Select the "Enable Patron content sharing for this campaign" checkbox near the top of the page.
4) Click the "Edit Options" button on the Campaign Character Options table.
5) Once inside the Character Options Panel scroll down to ensure you have the Gamemastery Guide Source enabled.
6) At the top of this panel you should see a Shared Tab, select this. All characters in the campaign will be updated with these settings in a background operation whenever these settings are changed.
7) Scroll down (or use the browser Text Search Function to type "Dual") to find the "GMG Non-Exclusive Variant Rules" area, in this, you will find the option to enable Dual-Class PCs.
8) After changing this and any other settings you should see a red GUI button appear that's labeled Save, click this. Doing this should automatically update all Characters in the Campaign that are designated as PCs to enable the Dual-Class functionality, the process may take a few moments to "load" as the service needs to process and "send" the changes to the various Characters that may be saved already but it shouldn't take too long at all to finish.
9) At this point you've established the shared settings that enable (and in fact force) the Dual-Class PC functionality. If you have not already done so, head to the PCs and Players Tab, click Invite Players, copy the Code you're provided and send it off to the participants of the Campaign so they can Join using the Join interface in the general Campaign display. They will need to wait for the GM to Approve them after inputting the code so be ready to do this from that same PCs and Players Tab once they request to Join.
10) Once the Apprentice tier service member players have joined and been approved they should open the Campaign and then the PCs and Players Tab they see on their end, they should select the Add Button on the My PCs Table, and name their Character. NOTE: Ensure that all Apprentice or higher tier service users leave the default configuration of "Owned by Campaign" as-is given that this is the way they must be setup in order to take advantage of the Shared Patron Content functions.
11) Once confirmed/named they should be able to get right into the Character and should find that on the My Classes Tab there are now two fields for defining their Class, the first listed as being the Class Table and then another under it listed as the Dual-Class Table where they are able to define these choices.

---------------
If I understand your situation, I believe that the problem most likely lies around steps 6 and 7 where the Shared Options of the Campaign do not yet have the Dual-Class option/feature enabled for the entire Campaign. This is where I suggest taking a look first given what you've described as going on, but generally speaking, if these steps aren't allowing the function my next suggestion would be to try creating a brand new Campaign and walking through all of these steps one at a time to see if the issue persists for yourself and the group after starting completely fresh. Once you do that I would then ask you to email us directly by way of the support email address you can find in my signature with whatever context and documentation of the current configuration that you can muster while leaving the Campaign intact.

I dearly hope this can help, again, if it fails at any point along the way please send us an email so we can dig a bit deeper and troubleshoot a bit more directly. Thanks!

--

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #8 Reply With Quote