View Single Post
Ckorik

Old March 25th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
In a DB this would be incredibly wasteful
Nah - no one cares if we take up an extra 100 or 10000 records for stupid stuff here - because it's not going to process 1 million transactions an hour.

Quote:
Yes, there is a rendering engine that handles displaying the UI, it's called Windows
Look if you want to think I'm stupid then go away. If you honestly think this is true you aren't paying attention to what the devs have already said about their own program. Not everyone uses in the box controls for every program they create. It's pretty obvious they've done custom controls all over the place and my guess would be to ensure (as much as possible) copyright.

Windows doesn't have a bug where it stops displaying items after 1000. This program does - why... oh right - because they have a *custom render function that has a bug*.

Quote:
What you want is the equivalent of the anchor + bookmark functionality of HTML links
You seem to think creating a shortcut is some impossible task - and the only way you would know that is if you had access to the code base - I go back to the fact that this has *nothing to do with the underlying database* as requested.

You keep approaching this problem like a typical DBA - that is you don't understand anything beyond 'make the database do it'. I can do exactly what I want in C++ without ever making a database.

Given that I can then make a database and do all the above with two tables and 3 data types, handling the rest of the logic in the code.

I don't presume that the code base (at this point) would be so easy to modify - I don't get why you presume to know for a fact this is true when the only way you'd know is if you were the one making the program.
Ckorik is offline   #33 Reply With Quote