Thread: Boot Hill
View Single Post
SAbel

Old November 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM
For Boot hill (which is a very simple system) the attributes are pretty open ended, I have two problems at this point.
1. two attributes Stature and Luck are ranked 1 -10 can I add a script into the that limits only these attributes to a maximum of 10?
<thing
id="attrSta"
name="Stature"
compset="Attribute"
isunique="yes"
description="How well widely know the character is, how much of a reputation he has, and how physically imposing he is.">
<fieldval field="trtAbbrev" value="Sta"/>
<tag group="explicit" tag="4"/>
</thing>

<thing
id="attrLuck"
name="Luck"
compset="Attribute"
isunique="yes"
description="The character's ability to escape unharmed from harrowing dangers, survive a fatal wound, and accomplish any other task that he has no reason to think is possible.">
<fieldval field="trtAbbrev" value="Luck"/>
<tag group="explicit" tag="5"/>
</thing>
2. Next and the hardest is the character attributes are added together for a total points system that then allows the player to pick a number of skills based on how high or low the attribute total is.
So the attributes are Strenght, Coordination and Observation (ranked between 2-20 to start) and then Stature and Luck (ranked 1-10 to start) these totals are added to give a total attribute score (the higher your attributes the lower amount of starting skills you have, ie lower attributes means more skills) this is set in a range
Total attributes score Number of initial skills
27-40 10
41-62 8
63-80 6

The player can then pick skills of which half must be "work skills" aka only half can be weapon skills.

I would love to have some feed back on how to handle these
SAbel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote