View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micco View Post
A point of clarification...you mention 'synchronization of multiple computers' using the cloud option. You also mention integration of HL portfolios. So, can I make the leap that I'll be able to keep a synchronized portfolio of PC's that stays updated during the game? Please?
I'm not 100% certain that I understand the question, so I'll take my best guess and answer that. If I'm wrong, please clarify.

Realm Works will allow you to store content created with other programs within the database if you wish. You can then access that content through Realm Works, with Realm Works launching the appropriate program to utilize the content. This allows you to save maps that can be viewed, audio/video clips that can be played, etc.

For Hero Lab, you'll be able to maintain multiple portfolios of whatever contents you wish. For example, you could have a portfolio into which you import all the PCs. From session to session, you could use and update this portfolio, and the changes would be saved back into the database. You could also setup encounters with the various NPCs and monsters for each in a portfolio associated with the encounter. When the encounter starts, you can import the encounter portfolio into Hero Lab for use of the Tactical Console. Those are a couple of quick examples.

Does that answer your question?
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote