View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 8th, 2014, 07:42 AM
+1 As Grimmric points out...

I to have ran into this not only with "pre maturely exposing" monster types but other items as well.
Within my campaign the players don't "automatically know" they have found a potion of healing nor a +4 Defender sword, etc.

It is difficult (and redundant) to put unknown potion or unidentified weapon and know as the DM which I am selecting to display... ( I have over 1200 potion types for example).
I require the PCs utilize their experience, spells, local NPCs ect. that are skilled in identifying these types of items. Otherwise it diminishes the value of sages, herbalists, identify spells, etc.

Until this is resolved, I opt not to even display at all and just use RW solely as an electronic file cabinet until I can better see how to control the flow of information not only on the "2nd monitor display" but as gloranphile hints,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloranphile
I will mention that as of this build, in the beta Player Mode, you can see both fields.
putting the data into "annotation", as some suggest, may not be the solution either....

And since I am not a proponent of double work or reentering fields... (ie can use the Gregorian calendar till the custom one come available... BUT you will have to reenter the dates for Holidays, important events, etc.....Eh, No thanks)

I'll just wait to see how the Players version actually works out revealed data before I waste my time.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote