View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You can create new tags for tag groups that have been defined as being dynamic - that's what the User tag group that's at the bottom of most editor pages is.

So, there, you can create the DexFrac1, DexFrac075 and DexFrac05 tags in the user group, and assign the correct one to each armor. Then, look for User.DexFrac1, User.DexFrac075 and User.DexFrac05 in that if...then I gave you.

The Tags and Fields buttons at the top right, if that's what you're talking about, allow you to set any value you like for any field that's already defined for the thing you're creating (rarely there are reasons to go outside what can be set with the options that are pre-defined within the body of the editor), or to add any tag that exists to the thing (or a new tag within an existing tag group if that group is dynamic).
I got back on this last night and this is exactly what I needed. Generous thanks to Mathias. I've just realized, for nearly everything I need to "fix" for my game, it's going to require eval scripts and user tags for nearly all of it. Still not sure I can get my skill system to work like I want, but I've definitely gotten a few ideas to test out. So far, the only problem I'm having might be tied to my direct editing of the XML file, which is not a problem, since the files I'm working on are only testing files to see if what I want to do is possible. Thanks guys, if I have any other questions, I'll definitely come back to you.
Kendall-DM is offline   #26 Reply With Quote