View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I think this gives a general idea on how to approach the variety of things that can be standardized. Things I didn't cover are Disease, Rage, Rend, Smite, Summon, Swallow Whole, Trip, etc. that are all effects that, while different for each creature, are basically handled the same way each time. What standardization does, is make your job a bit easier, but also makes the work down the road less complicated. I started doing this because, I needed a way to indicate is something had Improved Grab (for Multigrab from Savage Species) without having to search for all the different types each creature gets and without having to remember to place a user tag on each one. Now I can just pre-requisite it with a reference (in my files) to xGrab. By the same token, Smite was handled similarly so that I could have an easier way to pre-requisite Extra Smiting. And so forth.

There are other projects I am working on the standardize abilities that are extremely tricky to code. Like Change Shape and Alternate Form. While I haven't succeeded yet, I feel I can get these to work with a drop down list to change the creature's form temporarily through a charge activation. Anyhow, that's standardization in a nutshell. Good luck!
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote