View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old February 8th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
Did I miss a post or update somewhere that said there wouldn't be custom calendars? Or were you talking about RW in it's current state?
I overstated the case and was called out on it in another thread. It looks like calendars may be 6-9 months out, but that is, I'm sure, a rough estimate. So, saying that is is "off the table" is hyperbole and unfair to the developers. It is still on the table, but LWD determined—from the survey results—that it should not be a top-three priority.

That said, as has also been discussed in other posts, the developers are not going to commit to a specific deadline for calendars—there are too many variables. So, while it was an unfair exaggeration for me to say it was "off the table," at the same time there is no guarantee of when custom-calendar support will be available and you should not base purchase and use decisions on that feature being available at a specific time.

And THAT said, I'll also reiterate that RW is still the best product out there for building and managing your role-play worlds. As much as I want custom-calendar support, given all the other functionality it provides, I can't see why one would decide NOT to use RW just because it doesn't support them.
MNBlockHead is offline   #131 Reply With Quote