View Single Post
monsterfurby

Old March 28th, 2014, 12:39 AM
I'm a huge fan of trial and error, and usually not a manual/tutorial person. Of course, I'm not (yet) an expert on the software, but I think that beyond the basic functionality, it would be great to go one step further and explain some "best practices" and your thoughts behind certain mechanics to help people get the most out of them.

For example:
* How to get the most out of Tags (what they can be used for, i.e. sorting and searching by tags, example situations such as "I need an NPC who would be willing to betray the PCs, let's look at who we have with the Selfish tag...")

* What to consider when localizing database items to another language (i.e. hiding the English original database entries etc.)

* Category design, do's and dont's (Sure, this is a matter of personal style, but this could be an opportunity to get some user feedback and incorporate that into a listing of possible approaches similar to the world building video)

You see where I'm going with this - there are probably billions of other possibilities as well.
monsterfurby is offline   #2 Reply With Quote