View Single Post
Toblakai

Old September 9th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
For cons it's a coin flip depending on the convention and the location within the convention. Most stores around here do not offer WiFi; cell coverage is generally OK but not always.

As far as the farm goes: I have to update my Paperwork Society characters sometime. Why not when I know I have downtime? :)

The point is that I always assume network access won't be available at these places for safety. That lowers the utility of an online-only service. While desktop Hero Lab will work fine for now, we already know at least one system won't be available for it.

In any case, you asked a question. Don't dismiss the answers out of hand.
Wasn't trying to dismiss, as I said I think the audience for HLO is different. If you play PFS, the biggest feature I am looking forward to in HLO, group management, is pointless.

So if you mostly play PFS (or whatever the 5E equivalent is) or at cons, HLO is probably not the tool for you, unless you want to play on a cellphone or android tablet. I play one con a year and wifi/cell coverage is fine, but its a small con.

I agree that HLC should support Starfinder, I'm still hoping they find the time to do that too. But priority wise, I would rather see party loot management and other party based features first.
Toblakai is offline   #87 Reply With Quote