View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old November 19th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
This feature is desirable but not nearly as desirable to LWD as the Content Market or the Calendar or, probably, export.
I absolutely understand that and I certainly want the content market, custom calendars, printing, and export first.

The reason for the lengthy post is that in prior communications regarding the need for "collapse all", the response seems to have been "we already have that". I understand the remembering the expansion/collapse state may be difficult or lead to an undesirable impact on performance.

I would hope that a true collapse-all would not be as difficult to implement. They already have the functionality in pieces: collapse entire hierarchy, attach all categories, and attach all groups. Would it be difficult to have a button/hotkey that did all three of those things at one time? Maybe it is. I wouldn't know, just saying that is the feature I'm requesting.

An alternative to that would be to assign hot keys to "collapse all groups" and "collapse all categories", then I would be able to use a third-party macro program to achieve the result I need. Or, at least, a way to open the category-tools and group-tools menus. Without a way to navigate the category and groups tools menus with a keyboard, I need to use a mouse macro with isn't ideal because it requires that RW be sized the same as it was when I created the macro and it is also more sluggish than keystroke macros.

I put this all out there not to complain and not to make unrealistic or ignorant demands. But if some of what I discuss in my above posts are not that difficult, it could be one of those little extras they throw into the next release. They've done this in past (the collapse entire hierarchy was one, as what the hotkey to focus the menu on the active topic, styles, etc.). Hopefully, one or more of the requests in this thread are low hanging fruit. For those that are not low-hanging fruit, then yes, there are bigger fish to fry.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #30 Reply With Quote