View Single Post
Viking2054

Old March 1st, 2019, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBlaze View Post
The GM has a responsibility to correct player misinformation, however they aren't required to give perfect memory recall on details, and players using abilities that let them recall information for a period of time in perfect memory aren't exempt from at least trying to record information.

To be clear, my issue isn't the GM recalling information when needed, its this idea that players aren't investing time and resources into the campaign as they need too. And part of that is making notes, learning the tools to take notes and how to read and reference them when needed. Realm Works could help that if it allowed Player input (which I haven't even looked into yet), but there are ways around that, and that are easily available.
First, some of the best game moments in my long career as a GM have come by players misinterpreting information and me not correcting them. The trouble they've gotten into through their antics caused by misinterpretations and my quick wit to spring shit on them because of that misinterpretation is just priceless.

Second, my experience is that in a regular gaming group only 1 or 2 players take notes while the others rely on those that do take notes. That means 3 or 4 lazy bastards that can't be troubled to pay attention or take notes out of a group of 5 players. Add to the fact that most groups probably play once a week and real life causes memory loss of the less exciting things and voila, you have a perfect GM's storm.
Viking2054 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote