View Single Post
Fenris447

Old May 27th, 2020, 07:15 AM
I'm currently gearing up to finish out a bit of my backlogged items for Release 2.5. I'm aiming to have it out some time in June. While I can't guarantee anything, here's what I want the release to have:
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros - I don't expect to get magic items or monsters in right away, but I'll aim to do any character options: races, subraces, subclasses, spells, backgrounds, etc. Obviously we don't know exactly what's in the book, so I can't assume it will all be easily programmable.
  • Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic - One particular user put in a lot of effort to make this happen, so I'm going to get it in for him and anyone else who wants it
  • Fiendish Cult Boons - We'll finally be able to close the book on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
  • Aberrant Dragonmark - I've figured out the basics of how to do the official version. It won't be perfect, but it'll be functional
  • Cleric's Blessed Strikes - From the UA Class Feature Variants. I somehow missed this entirely when I added (almost) everything from this UA.
  • Minor/Major Beneficial/Detrimental Artifact Properties - I put in a text-only version of this previously, and it sucks. I want a more robust version.
  • Vedalken's Tireless Precision - Again, this is already there but sucks. I'll improve it.
  • Other various bugfixes

If you have found an issue that has not been addressed, please please please log it at the Github. And please let me know if there's anything else official 5e you're dying to see in 2.5. I can't make any promises, but I'll at least get it on a to-do list.

What about 2.6, you ask? My two biggest long-term goals are finishing a release version of the Artificer and implementing WotC's new style of companion. The Artificer pets are designed in a way different from other familiars/animal companions. And that design has been repeated in the CFV Ranger pets and many other UA companions in the last year. Based on the volume of UA's recently, it's safe to assume that at least a few of these companions will be appearing in an upcoming book (my money's on a Planar-flavored follow-up to XGTE). I want to be able to hit the ground running when that book hits. So if anyone has done work on this, let me know. My hope is that in learning how to create a new type of minion, I'll also gain insight into how we can implement vehicles from GoS, BGDiA, and AI.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; May 27th, 2020 at 07:19 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #813 Reply With Quote