View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 25th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
I first tried to use the storyboard area to setup "runs" but that proved mostly useless so I have ditched that (sigh, wish it worked) and just started using the categories to manage campaign arcs (cumbersome and not possible to create cross-run links between scenes).
Could you please elaborate on what you were trying to accomplish with plots and how they didn't work? There are a zillion different ways that GMs think and operate, and I'm always curious to understand how users are trying to leverage RW, especially when it doesn't do the job for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
I have also taken to numbering scenes 1.0, 1.1 preceding the scene title so that they are organized correctly in the interface from beginning to end (would be nice to have the ability to drag them into an order that the interface remembers rather than having to use this workaround).
In general, the prefix is the optimal mechanism to utilize for this purpose. You can then sort the navigation pane based on the prefix and get everything to show up in the order you want very easily. You can even sort based on the prefix without having it displayed prior to the topic names. This approach also ensures that the name (sans prefix) will work well for automatic link detection.

Since it seems you elected to put the numbering directly into the title, I'm very curious what prompted that approach. What use-case have we overlooked that we potentially need to re-think?

Thanks!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote