View Single Post
chiefweasel

Old August 12th, 2010, 07:43 AM
You also have to remember that the user created files may have errors in them. They are not official files from Lone Wolf.

Now with this in mind there is a lot of organizing we can do as a community to help avoid some of this. It seems like more and more folks are wanting to, or are, getting into the file creation process. This is great but as you can see errors crop up, people have different styles, work is being duplicated, and so on. I now that now there are 2 file respositors, which is great, but it does cause some syncing issues. I'll get with Shadow and see if there is something that we can work out. One things that would really help is a standardized user file naming process. I tried to introduce something some time ago when I started the repository but it wasnt accepted in the community. So I would like to put forth a new naming convention:

example DD35_Complete_Adv_feats_081410_v1

explanation:
DD35 = the system the file is for, here it would be for D&D 3.5
Complete_Adv = book this is from, here it is the complete adventurer
feats = what specific item from the book is included
081410 = the date of the file creation
v1 = version of the file

thi sis just a suggestion but i think that we as a community need to develop a standard which will help everyone and make things easier for all of us as a whole.

Now that I am back from Gen Con I can devote some more time for the repository and try to come up with some standards that we can agree upon. I'll talk to the Lone Wolfs folks as well and see what could be done from there end. I have some ideas but I want to run it through them first before I try to pull something together.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #38 Reply With Quote