View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryndehl View Post
Hate to keep harping on the familiar intelligence thing, but I think there is still a problem. I am attaching a character with this problem. It is an arcane bond sorcerer (level 7). Minimum intelligence is 9 but Hero Lab won't go below 12.

An addition to intelligence, it has a natural armor class that is too high. At 7th level, it should be adding +4, but it is adding +7 instead. A cat (which I used in the sample character, though actually I use a pseudodragon) does not have any normally. BTW, it would be useful if the adjustment tab could adjust natural armor.
This turns out to only be a problem for the sorcerer's arcane bloodline - it's accidently doubling the effective level for the scripts that calculate INT, AC and SR, so your example is getting the values that a 14th level sorcerer would get. That'll be fixed in the next update, and thanks for the report.

The older issue with familiar intelligence - that like all attributes, INT defaults to 10, and for an arcane familiar, you have to decrease it until the program won't let you go lower to get the correct intelligence - I haven't figured out how to solve that one yet, but I am still working on it. There's some wierd scripting required in order to get an attribute to have a minimum value other than the normal 3, which is what's required for a familiar, since the Pseudodragon familiar of a Sor7 should still have its INT 10, but a cat familiar of a Sor7 should have its INT of 2 increased to the minimum of 9. The real problem is that the INT value needs to be something that can be altered, but still have the minimum imposed by the character level. That turns out to be very annoying to code (and I can't re-write the entire attribute mechanism to handle it better without wrecking all existing saved characters). I apologize that I haven't been able to solve it yet.

Update: I've solved the familiar's default INT problem, that'll be in the next update.

Last edited by Mathias; August 20th, 2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Finshed an un-finished problem
Mathias is offline   #109 Reply With Quote