View Single Post
Viperian

Old August 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM
The following quirks and bugs pertain to the PDF version of a character sheet, when a character/portfolio is exported to PDF using the File > Save PDF of Active Hero option.

1. In the Gear section of the PDF, spells in a scroll are cut off instead of wrapping to multiple lines. I created a scroll with 5 spells on it, and the last few spells on the scroll are cut off and dont' show up on the PDF at all.

2. The Special Abilities section appears in two places on the character sheet (one on the first page and one on the second page, after the Gear and equipped weapons and armor sections), and each section displays different special abilities. Please consolidate all special abilities into one section.

3. Weapons appear in several different places (some on the first page, and some on the second page after the Gear section -- this is very annoying since you must look all over the character sheet to find your weapons). Please consolidate all weapons into one section.

4. Weapons show up in undesirable order, and unequipped weapons are often shown before equipped weapons. For example, on my dwarven ranger, unarmed strike shows up on the character sheet before his waraxe. It would be great if equipped weapons always showed first in the list. It would also be nice if unarmed strike was not shown at all unless the character is a monk or has the improved unarmed strike feat. If that's too complex to code, then perhaps have a checkbox next to unarmed strike that gives you the option to hide it when exporting the character to PDF.

All-in-all, I really like this tool and am glad I bought it. However, the changes suggested above are important, so please give them serious consideration.

Keep up the good work!!
Viperian is offline   #106 Reply With Quote