View Single Post
GThiel

Old June 27th, 2018, 01:21 PM
While working on a collaborative realm, we had many issues with exporting and importing. We started with a Master Realm from which a complete export was created. I then took that export and created a realm in which I would do my part. We learned that a) only the Master Realm Keeper should create top level topics and structure. Child Realms would add things under those top level items. One child realm should be working on an area. When an addition/change was made in the Child Realm, that changed item would be added to a View. When work was done, only those items in the view would be exported in a partial export and sent to the master Realm Keeper, who would import the data into the Master using a copy to test the integrity of the import. Once done, a complete master would be exported and sent to the Child Keepers. They would create a new empty realm and import this export into it. The child keeper shouldn't do any changes to his realm after exporting until he receives an export back and creates the new realm from it. The Child Keepers have to coordinate work so that everyone can keep the realm synced.

The most important thing we have learned is that the use of a view of just changed topics is really mandatory to avoid duplicates and crashes. We fought with this for a month of crashes before figuring this out.

We did use only the default structure that RW builds into a new realm, so I am not sure what would happen in your case of reworking the structure categories.
GThiel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote