View Single Post
Grey Mage

Old September 15th, 2017, 01:50 PM
What I have done is this; I entered the various races from Advanced Races Guide and then put other publishers' take on them as variants/subraces...

So I have the 'core' drow for instance; and then have put in several variants/subraces taken from WotC: Drow of the Underdark and Races of Eberron, Goodman Games: Complete Guide to Drow, Green Ronin: Plot and Poison - Guidebook to Drow, and Mongoose: Tome of Drow Lore. As you can see most are 3.5 versions (easily upgraded to PF) and it allows me more than a bit of variation for various drow nations. Since I largely run PF Greyhawk I have two different types of drow in Underoerth as well as a different version on one of Oerth's moons.

Don't know if that helps, but certainly one way to go about it.

As for Content Market material and it being overwritten by changes, the easiest way I know to avoid that is have multiple realms. One is basically your import/export realm and the other(s) your live realms. Import content from the market in the the first and then copy it over from there as you need to into your live realm(s). It won't totally prevent content overwrites, but should certainly minimize them.

Last edited by Grey Mage; September 15th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.
Grey Mage is offline   #2 Reply With Quote