View Single Post
TheIronGolem

Old July 29th, 2019, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmrider View Post
1.) I have 4 licenses linked in Hero Lab, My desktop, laptop, my son's desktop and laptop. If I buy the package will it show up in all 4 similar to Herolab or do I have the right to install any user files et al on all 4? Just don't see paying $30.00 4 times for one would essentially be one book in our library.
Whether you have the "right" to install the package on all of your systems, having purchased a single copy, is a copyright question that is well beyond my pay grade. That said, if your HL licenses are linked such that purchasing one data package through Lone Wolf's own store activates it across all your licenses (I'm not fully clear on how that works myself), then I would expect Drop Dead Studios to be okay with you sharing a copy of SoP across those particular Hero Lab installs as well. Please bear in mind that DDS is a small publisher working very hard to produce quality content, and contact them if you have any legal or otherwise non-technical questions about their products.

Quote:
2. What about how the updates are handled, I think I found it in one of the earlier posts now, but want to be sure.
Whenever I produce a data package for sale, I include a readme file that contains a set of instructions for how to set up updates for that package. It's basically a "secret URL" that tells HL where to find the latest published version of that particular package. Once that is set up, HL will detect new versions as they become available, much like it does with first-party content.

Quote:
3. In character creation do you just select the class say a Druid and then assign it a sphere of power or does Sphere of Powers give you a whole new Druid.
This question suggests that you aren't currently very familiar with Spheres of Power as a system. As such, I would recommend you go to this wiki and get to know the basics of the system before you make any purchasing decisions. That wiki is an independent site which (to my knowledge) has no affiliation with DDS, but it is a very helpful resource for getting to know the spheres system.

But to kinda-sorta answer your question here and now, I will say that the spheres system allows you to convert characters of existing Paizo classes via archetypes, but also provides many classes of its own that are designed from the ground up to use the spheres system. Whether it is best to use one or the other, or a mixture of both, is a matter of taste and the particulars of your own campaign setting.
TheIronGolem is offline   #747 Reply With Quote