View Single Post
Sendric

Old October 16th, 2020, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
So, I managed to get both new feats (Greensinger Initiate and Nightbringer Initiate) to add skills to the Druid's class skills using the code I found in the other version of the Greensinger Initiate feat :
Code:
~ Add a class skill
      var index as number
      index = hero.child[cHelpDrd].assign[ClassSkill.kBluff]
      index = hero.child[cHelpDrd].assign[ClassSkill.kHide]
      index = hero.child[cHelpDrd].assign[ClassSkill.Perform]
It works, I tested it in the character creator.
This is an older technique and not the preferred method. It's better to use the perform function. That said, if this feat is supposed to add class skills and it doesn't then it's a bug and I'll take a look at getting it fixed.

Quote:
However, I did not manage yet to get the Spells added to the spell lists. The script used in the previous version of the Greensinger feat throws an "error in string expression" at the compilation.

Here is an exemple the code :
Code:
 perform [spChaPer1].assign[sClass.Druid]
You can't assign a tag to a spell like this. You can only manipulate things that are on the character. Just took a look at the feat provided in the current community set. Please note the '~' at the beginning of each line. This tells HL to ignore the code. Looks like whoever tried to add this feat wasn't able to figure out how to get spells added to the Druid's list. I will fix this for the community set.

Quote:
I also tried the solution you advised me, using the "Extend Thing" subtab, but didn't get more success. Here is an exemple of the extensions I created and the error that the compilation gives me.

The "fNightbrInit" tag is the unique ID associated to the feat I created.
Here is the code I put in the Eval Script :
Code:
perform hero.childfound[cHlpDrd].assign[sClass.fNightbrInit]
The objective is to get the feat I created (fNightbrInit) to add the spells to the Druid Spell List. It looks like I misunderstood something in your message, but I don't see what.

Any input on this ?
On the feat fNightbrInit, add the tag sClass.fNightbrInit. This should "define" it for HL. You can then extend that tag to whichever spells you need to have it. Then your script should work.

Last edited by Sendric; October 16th, 2020 at 04:47 AM.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote