View Single Post
Sendric

Old March 13th, 2019, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romandain View Post
Adding the sources worked. Thanks Sendric.

Question though. I created some custom class special abilities and and that process assigned a level and a class that the ability would be accessible and what classes can use it respectively.

How does that work with the Class special abilities that are in the menu already. How does HL know what level to grant those abilities to what classes (unique abilities tied to a single class i get since it can be programmed into the abililty) but what if the ability goes to 2 different classes at 2 different levels and i choose that ability as part of my custom class.

Once again. Thanks for the help. My group loves the product and we are trying to create a gestalt package for 3.5 OGL. If we get it working i will post it here.
When you create a class special, it must be bootstrapped to the Class thing (note the Class Level thing) in order to be assigned to a class. Typically if multiple classes receive the same class special then you would make two class specials (you can duplicate the first one and make the necessary adjustments). The level requirement field in the class special indicates at what level the class receives that special. However, it should be noted that if there are any scripts, you need to put in a clause to prevent those scripts from activating until the proper level has been reached. Something like this usually works:

Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote