View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I'm not sure how anyone can get ripped off in a popularity contest unless their voting mechanism is completely broken. RW was released to the public this year and is missing parts for the players and the GMs. I think they did pretty well to get a Silver. Give it a couple of years (much like roll20 has been out for a couple of years, as best I can tell) and then see how much everyone likes it. :)

ObTopic: Congrats! I'm not a big fan of these types of awards (I burnt out on popularity contests back in grade school) and especially not on Gen Con/EN World's clone of the Origins awards, but I'm happy for you guys.
+1 to this and spot on....
As Parody points out its more to do with popularity. Not taking away from LWD achievement, it is the best offering available for what it specifically does... warts and all...

Personally some categories are too generic anyway.... its like comparing apples to oranges.

Lastly, IF GOLD was defined as best available, then Anna Meyer would have won for cartography. Her work is far superior to the others nominated..... but as she graciously said, "it was an honor just to be recognized"
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote