View Single Post
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 1st, 2014, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
At one point, there was a concern about legality. It hasn't been investigated again since that point, as I've been a bit busy with Realm Works. I'll strive to make the time to re-evaluate it, but I'm up to my eyeballs right now, so no promises.

As for whether it's Wizards or Hasbro lawyers, it's not really important. Wizards has their own legal team that would probably be more than adequate to deal with any IP concerns. Only if they ran into difficulties would they bring in the howitzers from Hasbro legal. I don't want to be staring down the barrel of an AK-47, let alone a howitzer.

Rob, see here's what I don't get... you sell a product that supposedly supports the 4e ruleset, but is lacking support for themes, which are part of the ruleset.

We get that we need to use the downloader against our own DDI sub to get the data... I don't understand how putting Daphne's Theme structures into the ruleset could cause an issue, we aren't talking about the theme content (that should be handled by the downloader), just support for us to type them in ourselves if we wish.

Perhaps I'm just being dense, but I don't understand how the legal implications change for adding theme support to HL 4e, vs supporting classes, races, feats, powers, items, etc.

If it's because my website offers that content for download, then add support to download themes via the downloader, and I'll pull my site down, or at least change it to a bug fixing party for all the other things the downloader misses.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #16 Reply With Quote